Machine Shop Apprentice
Brach Machine is under new ownership and has relocated to Rochester, NY. Our machine shop
specializes in parts for die casting machines as well as custom machining. We are looking for
someone mechanically inclined with a positive attitude interested in developing a career as a
The apprentice works on disassembling pumps used in die casting machines. This involves
removing broken bolts, re-tapping holes, drilling out heaters, blasting, and heat treating. They
also start out learning to operate manual equipment and then CNC machines under the
supervision of an experienced machinist.
• Basic tool knowledge preferred
• Experience with manual mills and drill presses preferred
• Use precision measuring tools such as micrometers and calipers
• Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently
• Understanding of machining processes and various equipment types highly desired
• Ability to follow directions and work with little supervision
• Ability to get along with others
• Detail oriented
• Maintain a clean workplace and observe safety rules and practices
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and be flexible
• Basic computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus
Job Qualification Requirements:
• A high school diploma or GED is required.
• Prior manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Prior experience reading drawings is required.
• Shop math skills required
• Ability to use protective equipment, including safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, face mask/covering where required, and other protective clothing based on job assignments/duties
• Reliable and punctual
• Willing and able to work overtime
• Ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs. will be necessary
• A valid driver’s license or reliable transportation is required.